Friday, December 26, 2008

It would be ridiculous to fly back just for haircuts, right?

With only a few days left on this side of the world, we're really kicking things into high gear (read: shopping!) before we go. But Jalayne, Rabia and I were able to take a time out before hitting the streets yesterday afternoon...with a trip to the beauty parlor!

Going back to the whole cheap-labor thing for a moment, it's very reasonable to have salon services performed here. All the more reason to treat yourself, right? We emerged after 2-1/2 hours having received the following:

*3 pedicures;
*2 manicures;
*3 conditioning hair treatments, complete with 20-minute scalp massages;
*1 eyebrow threading session;
*1 haircut from the owner of the salon;
*2 blowouts (dry/style).

Total cost? $130. Not to mention, this is the best haircut I've ever received -- which means I'm forever ruined on American pricing.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That is reasonable pricing. Although I received 10 years worth of haircuts in the Wilderness Drive basement free of charge. Plus, my barber always treated me to Tupac and Michelob Lights.

    ReplyDelete