Monday, December 15, 2008

Nick's POV

Hello family and friends. As you can see from Aliya's post, we just landed in Dubai after a LONG 14 hour plane ride. We are using our laptops to email because we can't find a signal on our iphones. We have a 5 hour layover until we leave for Karachi, so we won't reach our final destination until around 6pm Racine time.
The airport here is very nice; many stores, restaurants, gift shops, etc. Very similar to O'hare. Altough the flight was long, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Each passenger had his/her own personal tv screen, so we basically watched tv and a movie for the first 3 hours. We both slept for 8 hours after that which was crucial to maintaining our sanity. Not much leg room though. I had to adjust my sleeping position almost 40 times during the 8 hours I slept. Both knees were digging into the steal frame of the chair in front of me. Very frustrating. Greg, you would have ripped the seat out in front of you after 2 hours.

We will check back in once we land in Karachi. For now, here's a live picture of ourselves after traveling for 16 hours. Can I get a Speedstick?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nick & Aliya! Great idea with the blog thing. I love big adventures & can't wait to hear more! Coincidentally, I'm reading the book 'Three Cups of Tea' about an American man's mission to promote peace by building schools in Pakistan & Afghanistan. The book describes beautiful scenery and a unique culture that you two get to see in person. How awesome! (I have the book if you wanna borrow it when you return...soo good:) anyway, have fun, stay safe, keep writing, take lotsa pictures, yada, yada. Peace & Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I thought that book was AMAZING and begged Nick to read it before we left (to no avail -- maybe you'll have more pull on him than I did?). You and I can have book club when we get back because I love talking about it with people. Isn't Greg Mortenson incredible? Such a simple idea -- very cool guy. Thanks for following along with us!

    ReplyDelete