Friday, December 26, 2008

Ode to paratha

Not only is all of my food here in Karachi made for me, but I've been reintroduced to some old favorites during our stay. One of these is so amazing it deserves its very own blog post. Heaven, thy name is paratha.
Paratha is simple yet delicious: pan-fried flatbread. Oozing with yumminess (ok, grease), it's best enjoyed with jam or honey -- but let's face it, it's delicious no matter what you decide to spread on top. When I first got here, I was scarfing them at the rate of two per breakfast but have now scaled back to only one a day. Truly, there is nothing more delicious that parata's layered, flaky goodness.
And what's a post without eye candy? So I present to you: my new-old favorite food, as well as some of my breakfast-mates. Jalayne's lucky I didn't scarf her paratha right off her plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment