Friday, December 19, 2008

A little sample

Here's what we've done so far today (and we're coming up on 12 noon local time):

*Woke up at 8:30 -- Nick and I were up until 3 (jet lag!), but set our alarms so we'd be out of bed at a reasonable hour.
*Talked to Nick's parents on the phone.
*Checked work and personal email.
*Lingered over a long breakfast (an hour-ish).
*Helped my dad address more invitations for our reception next week.
*Balanced the checkbook.
*Read a few magazine articles.

Nick is currently down for a nap. Our days are far from strenuous (as you can tell!) and most of the real activity -- visiting with relatives, attending wedding events, etc. -- doesn't start cranking until 3:00 p.m. at the earliest. If we're lucky, I may make it into the shower before then.

Although I think I'll be ready to go back to my normal routine when we leave here next Tuesday, I can't put into words how amazing it's been for us to completely disconnect from our responsibilities back home. We have input on daily decisions such as where/when/what to eat, who to see and where to go, but ultimately those final choices are made for us and we just go along with the rest of the gang. I'm not complaining one bit.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog - especially the part about weddings and the CLOTHES! So glad to hear you are having a fantastic trip. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete